The DS500 Density Measuring System offers a fast, reliable, ASTM-approved method for measuring density in Polyethylene with an accuracy of ± 0.0005 g/cc or better in the range from 0.9100 g/cc to 0.9700 g/cc.
Main Advantages of the DS500
The DS500 system offers several major advantages over the determination of density using the gradient column technique:
· No maintenance is required except periodic replacement of the water in the temperature controlled bath;
· The acoustic method is non-destructive so the test specimens can be kept on file for further reference;
· All measurement data is displayed on the video monitor and can then be stored on the computer disks.
Additional Advantages of the DS500
· The DS500 personal computer (PC) can be accessed remotely for monitoring or maintenance purposes using the Ethernet network link;
· remotely for monitoring or maintenance purposes using the Ethernet network link;
· The DS500 PC can also be used for other tasks in the lab including word processing and spreadsheet softwares;
· The DS500 PC uses standard IBM PC compatible components that can be easily upgraded by IT personnel.